Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What a Sham!

I love to save money.

And not because it's now fashionable. I was always the one out there searching for a bargain.

Let me make a distinction though. I AM NOT CHEAP. I live by a simple rule:

Make my money go as far as it can without being wasteful.

That's why I purchased 1 1/2 yards of this great fabric while visiting
Fabric Row in Philadelphia recently. I had no idea what I was going to do with the fabric, but I knew I liked it. I paid $13.50 per yard if I remember correctly.
So one afternoon recently, I decided it would be perfect as pillow shams for my guest room.

The style is a simple flanged edge style, with a pocket on the back.

I had some leftover white velveteen in my fabric stash for the backing, so my 1 1/2 yards of designer fabric was just enough to eek out the fronts for two queen size shams.

Now how cool is that - TWO designer shams for about $20.00!!! I LOVE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment